IPB

Здравствуйте, гость ( Вход | Регистрация )

5 страниц V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Ответить в данную темуНачать новую тему
> English speaking!, Let's talk
Адилька
сообщение 30.4.2007, 13:47
Сообщение #26

Постоялец

Из: Павлодар

Цитата(Оля Глушковская @ 29.4.2007, 17:58) *
Hi! So glad to know, that there r so many English speakers in the Forum. And French speakers as well. Due to my studies in England u can imagine how fluently I can speak, write in and understand English. 'Cuz in real life none will do interuptions or explain to u what he'd just said. For example in some regions in Britain u could hardly understand what people r saying, 'cuz of their accent and "English English" (not "American English").

As u can see I'm always happy to see young people learning foreign languages. It's time to show the world that we r the best in Kazakhstan!
Wow!Olya, where did you study?In what city?I would like to study in The UK too.Tell us more about Great Britain and British people.As for me I want to visit Scotland, it is very nice there, isn't it?

--------------------
**********************************GF*************************************

+Цитировать сообщение
Оля Глушковская
сообщение 30.4.2007, 22:33
Сообщение #27

Знакомое лицо

Из: Leicester, United Kingdom

Цитата(Адилька @ 30.4.2007, 7:47) *
Wow!Olya, where did you study?In what city?I would like to study in The UK too.Tell us more about Great Britain and British people.As for me I want to visit Scotland, it is very nice there, isn't it?

It is, indeed. There are really nice places around Great Britain. Scotland - is very good region to go, but u need to be aware of that the actual length of bachelor's program is 4 years, and in England and Ireland is 3 years.
I'm studying at De Montfort University, at Leicester City, situated in the heart of England. The area is called East Midlands (we are near Birmingham). The towns are quite different from each other and the old ones have a great architecture.
So if u'll ever have the opportunity to visit Britain, try to book a tour around famous places like castles, acient monuments, strange new buildings, and I assure u - it worth doing it!

That's it for 2day. Will try to write more next time. (IMG:http://www.zhuldyz.kz/forum/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

--------------------
'Whether the glass is half full or half empty it doesn't
really matter...its whats left in the bottle that counts!'

+Цитировать сообщение
Адилька
сообщение 1.5.2007, 10:42
Сообщение #28

Постоялец

Olya, we have a subject called "Great Britain". And I know that there are many prehistoric places to visit, I like history very much.Have you ever been to London?I also know that The United Kingdom is very famous with its old houses.

--------------------

+Цитировать сообщение
Оля Глушковская
сообщение 1.5.2007, 23:34
Сообщение #29

Знакомое лицо

Цитата(Адилька @ 1.5.2007, 4:42) *
Olya, we have a subject called "Great Britain". And I know that there are many prehistoric places to visit, I like history very much.Have you ever been to London?I also know that The United Kingdom is very famous with its old houses.

U r totally right, but not all of the cities have old buildings. For instance: after World War II many of Britain’s cities were completely destroyed, so u need to have a guide to find the "right place".
I've been to London a few times. Really nice place to go to, The Big Ban is incredible, u just look at it and have only one thought "How come they managed to build it? » It's hard to gain access to "London Eye", but u certainly should do that. From it's capsule u can see almost the hole city.
And for girls (specially) -there are a lot of shops in downtown. "Harrods" - is the most expensive, but also a well-known all over the world. The "girls shop" - is definitely -Topshop, u'll love it, I promise, it's actually has men's section as well, called Topman. If u go their with ur boy/girlfriend u both'll have something to look at and also fit in. (IMG:http://www.zhuldyz.kz/forum/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Прикрепленные файлы
Прикрепленный файл  09_09_06_1603.jpg ( 34.73 килобайт ) Кол-во скачиваний: 13

--------------------

+Цитировать сообщение
Адилька
сообщение 2.5.2007, 18:28
Сообщение #30

Постоялец

I know that it isn't very politely to ask, but where do you live?Don't you want to come back to Kazakhstan?Where are you from?(I mean city)Do you have some more photos?The British have special humor, what about you?I know a very famous jocke called "Jamaica?".Do you know it?Could you tell us some jockes?

--------------------

+Цитировать сообщение
Оля Глушковская
сообщение 2.5.2007, 22:26
Сообщение #31

Знакомое лицо

Цитата(Адилька @ 2.5.2007, 12:28) *
I know that it isn't very politely to ask, but where do you live?Don't you want to come back to Kazakhstan?Where are you from?(I mean city)Do you have some more photos?The British have special humor, what about you?I know a very famous jocke called "Jamaica?".Do you know it?Could you tell us some jockes?

Hi, AdilKa! It's ok to ask whatever question u like. Basically, I've been living in England for 9 month and I haven't lived here before. I'm originally from Kokshetau and came to England only because I've got "Bolashak" Scholarship. For another question - I do have a lot of photos, and will attach as many as I can to each comment.

Unfortunately, I don't know the "Jamaica" joke, may be u could tell us? And about the "British humor", I really suggest u to watch "Hot Fuzz" - British black humor comedy. I've seen it in original and liked it very much. In this movie u could find some "British jokes".

Take care and c u soon.

Прикрепленные файлы
Прикрепленный файл  23_04_07_1517.jpg ( 219.89 килобайт ) Кол-во скачиваний: 14

--------------------

+Цитировать сообщение
Адилька
сообщение 3.5.2007, 18:20
Сообщение #32

Постоялец

hank you very much for your photo.Joke:
An American man and a British man were talking.The British man said,"Now I am free! My wife went abroad to have a rest.","Jamaika?,answered the American man.This joke is about The American lungage.Our teacher says that they are very lazy and instead of "Do you" or "Does he" etc. they use "J". If you don't understand this joke I will tell you what this it is about.

--------------------

+Цитировать сообщение
Оля Глушковская
сообщение 3.5.2007, 19:29
Сообщение #33

Знакомое лицо

Цитата(Адилька @ 3.5.2007, 12:20) *
Our teacher says that they are very lazy and instead of "Do you" or "Does he" etc. they use "J". If you don't understand this joke I will tell you what this it is about.

Never heard of it, can u explain it to me, please, I'm quite confused (IMG:http://www.zhuldyz.kz/forum/style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif) . As for me if u pronounce "D'u" very quickly u can say "J", I agree.

What else would u like to know about Britain?

Сообщение отредактировал Оля Глушковская - 3.5.2007, 19:31
Прикрепленные файлы
Прикрепленный файл  01_12_06_1142.jpg ( 46.74 килобайт ) Кол-во скачиваний: 13
Прикрепленный файл  SP_A0013.jpg ( 176.25 килобайт ) Кол-во скачиваний: 14

--------------------

+Цитировать сообщение
Адилька
сообщение 4.5.2007, 19:00
Сообщение #34

Постоялец

Olya, "Jamaica" means "do you make her", but it is pronouncing like an island.I read a lot about the history of Great Britain, do you know about Handrian's wall? It was built by Rome legions.I saw it on TV, it is very old and small now.In what cities have you been?

Сообщение отредактировал Адилька - 4.5.2007, 19:01

--------------------

+Цитировать сообщение
karina
сообщение 4.5.2007, 23:04
Сообщение #35

Бродяга

Из: г. Атбасар

Hello everyone! English language is one of my favourite languages. Besides English I can speak on Kazakh, Tatar, French and German a little. Allow to join you!

Elena Aleksandrowna et Serafima! On peut se vous joindre ? Comment chez vous de l'affaire ?

--------------------
Улыбка имеет эффект зеркала. Улыбнись.... и ты увидишь улыбку)

+Цитировать сообщение
Елена Дмитриенко
сообщение 6.5.2007, 0:34
Сообщение #36

«Почетный пользователь»

Из: г. Астана

Merci! Tres bien! Je ne parle pas anglais! kazak! C.est domage!

--------------------
Высоко сижу - далеко гляжу... (народная мудрость, честно)

+Цитировать сообщение
Оля Глушковская
сообщение 6.5.2007, 5:26
Сообщение #37

Знакомое лицо

Цитата(Адилька @ 4.5.2007, 13:00) *
Olya, "Jamaica" means "do you make her", but it is pronouncing like an island.I read a lot about the history of Great Britain, do you know about Handrian's wall? It was built by Rome legions.I saw it on TV, it is very old and small now.In what cities have you been?

Yeah, now I get it. Actually they all speak like that, especially young people from India and Nigeria (at first u can't understand them at all!) (IMG:http://www.zhuldyz.kz/forum/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

About Hadrian's Wall - never heard of it, really. Can u say where it is?

Basically, I've been 2 Derby (China Factory, Derby Industrial Museum ), Nottingham and Birmingham. Next year we are going to Dublin (Guiness Factory) on a trip as part of our course program. Also I wanna go to Scotland may b next year (IMG:http://www.zhuldyz.kz/forum/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Прикрепленные файлы
Прикрепленный файл  13_12_06_1201.jpg ( 76.4 килобайт ) Кол-во скачиваний: 13
Прикрепленный файл  13_12_06_1247.jpg ( 71.28 килобайт ) Кол-во скачиваний: 15

--------------------

+Цитировать сообщение
Адилька
сообщение 6.5.2007, 13:10
Сообщение #38

Постоялец

As for Hadrian's wall, it is situated in Scotland, I think that your friends from Great Britain know about it.I heard that Nottingham is one of the oldest cities in Great Britain and there is a very big and old castle.Where is your city situated?

Цитата(karina @ 4.5.2007, 23:04) *
Hello everyone! English language is one of my favourite languages. Besides English I can speak on Kazakh, Tatar, French and German a little. Allow to join you!

Elena Aleksandrowna et Serafima! On peut se vous joindre ? Comment chez vous de l'affaire ?

Karina, of course you can join us!Tell us more about you and your city.I have never been to Atbasar, but I have a lot of friend there.I am waiting for your answer!

--------------------

+Цитировать сообщение
Оля Глушковская
сообщение 6.5.2007, 18:52
Сообщение #39

Знакомое лицо

Цитата(Адилька @ 6.5.2007, 7:10) *
Where is your city situated?

Heya! I live in Leicester City,Leicesteshire. The area's called East Midlands. The City is 140km far from London and about an hour from Birmingham by train. There are about 30,000 of students living here. Also there is an Indian community that lives here over 300 years. (The most interesting is that the definition "English" and "British" are not the same. English - is for native, original inhabitants, and British - is for all migrants and people, who r not originally from Britain, but live or were born here.)

Now I have a q for u: d'u know why the "V" sign showed by 2 fingers vice-versa is a rude sign? (IMG:http://www.zhuldyz.kz/forum/style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

Сообщение отредактировал Оля Глушковская - 6.5.2007, 18:56
Прикрепленные файлы
Прикрепленный файл  24_04_07_1502.jpg ( 170.7 килобайт ) Кол-во скачиваний: 35

--------------------

+Цитировать сообщение
Адилька
сообщение 6.5.2007, 20:16
Сообщение #40

Постоялец

Цитата(Оля Глушковская @ 6.5.2007, 18:52) *

Now I have a q for u: d'u know why the "V" sign showed by 2 fingers vice-versa is a rude sign? (IMG:http://www.zhuldyz.kz/forum/style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

Unfortunetly, No.But can you explain?And do you have photoes with your universety?

--------------------

+Цитировать сообщение
Гвардия
сообщение 6.5.2007, 22:26
Сообщение #41

«Стоп-кадр» - кино-критик

Цитата(Адилька @ 4.5.2007, 19:00) *

you saw "Last legion"? Right? (IMG:http://www.zhuldyz.kz/forum/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Unfortunetly, the sign V has another meaning now(( I can't explain it here.......but it's smth like "lets go there and make a,,,,"

+Цитировать сообщение
Адилька
сообщение 7.5.2007, 12:55
Сообщение #42

Постоялец

Цитата(Гвардия @ 6.5.2007, 22:26) *
you saw "Last legion"? Right? (IMG:http://www.zhuldyz.kz/forum/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Unfortunetly, the sign V has another meaning now(( I can't explain it here.......but it's smth like "lets go there and make a,,,,"

Can you explain in more details, please?

--------------------

+Цитировать сообщение
Гвардия
сообщение 7.5.2007, 20:29
Сообщение #43

«Стоп-кадр» - кино-критик

It's a very rude expression. It concerns to sex

+Цитировать сообщение
karina
сообщение 7.5.2007, 22:22
Сообщение #44

Бродяга

Из: г. Атбасар

Цитата(Адилька @ 6.5.2007, 13:10) *
Tell us more about you and your city.I have never been to Atbasar, but I have a lot of friend there.I am waiting for your answer!

The city my small, is located on the river Zhabaj. Atbasar is the native land of many known people. Iljas Esenberlin, Sejtzhan Omarow, Anatoly Khrapatyj, Andrey Kashechkin, and certainly Elena Aleksandrovna here were born! In city at us 8 schools, from them one with a state language of training. And still we have a local radio and TV. Here such city at us. What to you to tell? Ask questions still. And I would like to learn about your friends in Atbasar!

--------------------
Улыбка имеет эффект зеркала. Улыбнись.... и ты увидишь улыбку)

+Цитировать сообщение
Оля Глушковская
сообщение 7.5.2007, 23:12
Сообщение #45

Знакомое лицо

Цитата(Адилька @ 6.5.2007, 14:16) *
Unfortunetly, No.But can you explain?And do you have photoes with your universety?

I see Gvardia's already explained what this sign means in present.
But I asked u whether u can explain why it became a rude sign.

Ok, now I can tell u. In past, when there were many archers in Britain, and they were the main forse to defend the villages from enemies or other people, they used 2 (forefinger and middle finger) fingers to draw the bow . So, when archer was caught by his enemies they usually cut these 2 fingers (in order not to allow him to draw the bow again). That's why sometimes the archers showed 2 fingers ("V" sign) to their enemies - to show them that they could kick their a...s.

After World War II Cherchill showed "V" sign, but vise-versa as a sign of Victory (but as many of Britains knew the history of this sign for them it looked like they kicked the German's a..)

That's kinda a story about it. (IMG:http://www.zhuldyz.kz/forum/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

--------------------

+Цитировать сообщение
Адилька
сообщение 8.5.2007, 18:36
Сообщение #46

Постоялец

Hello!It is a very interesting story!And where are your photoes of your universety? (IMG:http://www.zhuldyz.kz/forum/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

--------------------

+Цитировать сообщение
Оля Глушковская
сообщение 8.5.2007, 22:29
Сообщение #47

Знакомое лицо

Цитата(Адилька @ 8.5.2007, 12:36) *
Hello!It is a very interesting story!And where are your photoes of your universety? (IMG:http://www.zhuldyz.kz/forum/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

I've taken only a few, by now.But u need to be aware of that there isn't just one building in the Uni's campus. Each faculty has their own building. I'll just post the picture of the Campus Centre Building where the Student's Union is situated. It also has the canteen and Student's Welfare and Educational Centre.

Прикрепленные файлы
Прикрепленный файл  SP_A0061.jpg ( 140.56 килобайт ) Кол-во скачиваний: 13

--------------------

+Цитировать сообщение
Адилька
сообщение 9.5.2007, 12:01
Сообщение #48

Постоялец

Oh, I see.It's very big.Why haven't you come to the conference?We were taling from 22:00 till 1:00

--------------------

+Цитировать сообщение
Оля Глушковская
сообщение 9.5.2007, 22:44
Сообщение #49

Знакомое лицо

Цитата(Адилька @ 9.5.2007, 6:01) *
Oh, I see.It's very big.Why haven't you come to the conference?We were taling from 22:00 till 1:00

I've been to a conference,but didn't post any comments, 'cuz I'm new to it. Maybe next time I'll be more productive (IMG:http://www.zhuldyz.kz/forum/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Congratulations 2 all with the Victory Day!!!

Сообщение отредактировал Оля Глушковская - 9.5.2007, 22:46

--------------------

+Цитировать сообщение
Адилька
сообщение 10.5.2007, 15:19
Сообщение #50

Постоялец

[quote name='Оля Глушковская'

Could you tell us what people usualy do on the Victory day. Whay did you do?

Сообщение отредактировал Адилька - 10.5.2007, 15:20

--------------------

+Цитировать сообщение

5 страниц V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Ответить в данную темуНачать новую тему